East Montgomery Martial Arts
With over thirty years of teaching high-quality martial arts in our community, our reputation is second to none. Operating since 1991, our Academy offers programs for people of all walks of life in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Traditional Martial Arts.
Check out our Special Offers for new students. Get started for just $19.95!
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
BJJ training is a great way to stay in shape, promote flexibility, and learn practical self defense. We offer classes for Adults, Teens, and Kids 8 and up.
Kids Martial Arts
The Kids Program is our specialty! With martial arts, children can learn self-control, respect, and get in shape, all in a safe and fun environment.
Martial Arts for Adults and Teens
Our Martial Arts Program for Adults and Teens is based off of traditional Okinawan Karate, Judo, Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, Kickboxing, Okinawan Weapons systems and the Filipino stick fighting art of Escrima / Arnis.
Head Instructor - Jonathan Exaros
Head Instructor / Owner & Operator.
Jonathan has been training in martial arts since 1973. He holds multiple ranks is several styles of karate and traditional weapons training and is a Brown Belt in BJJ.
See What Our Students Say About Us
- Sensei Exaros, is an excellent instructor. He was there for us with online classes when COVID hit and his enthusiasm and efforts kept us going. In my youth, I was substantially involved in martial arts, but walked away from it for 30 years, disappointed in the available instruction, etc. I only wish I could have found a teacher of Mr. Exaros caliber back then; I would have never left. Now, my daughter, my son & myself have the privilege of his instruction.Arthur Walters8/15/2022This dojo is amazing! My kid has been going here for the last 3 years and has benefitted from not just the training but the camaraderie and supportive environment. Mr. Exaros is a genuinely kind teacher and goes out of his way to make everyone feel welcome and treated with respect. This place is one of my favorite things about living in this area!Nabil Azhar8/15/2022
- We love everything about this Dojo - they are a complete experience for families. From the classes for the youngest kids to adults and women’s self defense, East Montgomery is the best. We love the teachers, their philosophy and the fact that they have been with us through the last few years without missing a beat.Mariam Mahmud8/05/2022Great family run dojo. We started through our township parks and rec with this dojo and then transitioned to coming to the facility this past year. These guys did a fantastic job of keeping kids engaged remotely during covid and also doing outdoor classes. My daughter has kept up with classes for over 3 years now and has made tremendous progress. All the staff and junior black belts have been great trainers.Amy Sangkavasi8/05/2022I’ve been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at East Montgomery Martial Arts for about 9 months now and couldn’t be happier that I chose do to do it here. Mr. Exaros and Mr. Cunningham have such a deep knowledge of jiu-jitsu and learning from them is a great experience. There’s a personal touch to their training sessions that help with understanding the techniques as you go along. This dojo has a friendly atmosphere and not just from the instructors but also amongst the students, everyone is eager to help each other get better and have fun while doing it. I definitely recommend East Montgomery Martial Arts.Mike McCarry8/05/2022
- I studied Karate with Mr. Exaros in the 90's. Such a great man and runs a great school. My son recently enrolled back in June and immediately fell in love with the school, instructors and other fellow students. The higher ranking students are great role motels. I highly recommend checking out East Montgomery Martial Arts Academy.Joe Miller8/05/2022This dojo has been more than a place to practice and learn karate. It has become a home and a welcome retreat through the difficulties of the pandemic. Mr Exaros is a top notch leader and instructor. He safely led us through outdoor classes through the pandemic as well as creative karate challenges (kai olympics) while keeping the instruction going. He safely reopened so that the students and parents had some semblance of normalcy and progression in their studies. The Gasshuku karate camp is an excellent experience and something to not be missed. We are so grateful for this community and all of the excellent instructors!Kelly Conway8/05/2022I cannot recommend East Montgomery Martial Arts Academy enough! My 15 year old son has been studying Jiu Jitsu there for several months and karate with a related school for four years, and loves it! He comes out of every Jiu Jitsu class completely sweaty and happy. Although he never did Jiu Jitsu (or wrestling, which shares some skill sets) previously, he has progressed rapidly, going several days per week. The Academy is owned and run by Sensei Jonathan Exaros, a kind, caring, thoughtful and encouraging man skilled in martial arts who attracts and retains the same kind of students, a number of whom have been studying with him for 20+ years. In addition to Sensei Exaros' broad and deep technical knowledge, he communicates the technical aspects of moves and strategy in very clear ways. And, safety is of paramount importance to him. Sensei Exaros also runs an annual 3-day camp, which my son participated in this year and thoroughly enjoyed. There, students were not only able to fill their schedules with the three main areas commonly taught by Sensei Exaros and his other teachers - Jiu Jitsu, Karate and Judo - but also Muay Thai and other fun activities. If you or someone you know is looking for a great place to learn martial arts, I'd strongly recommend East Montgomery Martial Arts Academy. Scott Glenside, PAscott rubin8/05/2022
- Great dojo. Kids are always active, always learning, always engaged. The older students help train the younger ones which is great as well. Highly recommendJesse8/05/2022Great school with great instructors. Even during covid-19 doing outside classes it is impressive. Gets us out of the house! Recently Mr. Exaros organized a 3 month long Olympics with different events each week at home which was fun. A young girl won the grand trophy at the end that was bigger than she is... Her parents couldn't fit the trophy in the trunk of the car 😁 I am a student with both my son and daughter, and I highly recommend for kids, teens and adults. An activity for life.Robert Krzyspiak5/27/2021
- We cannot say enough about this dojo. I am not one to normally write reviews about places however Mr.Exaros has been so incredible I couldn't help but speak about him, his family, and his dedication to being a treasured mentor to those fortunate enough to be a part of the dojo. I have never met someone who is so passionate about his job and helping kids. Throughout the pandemic he never stopped putting the health and welfare of our kids ahead of everything else and that continues. The way that he makes sure to continue to throw in extra activities and opportunities when others have just thrown in the towels speaks volumes of how special of a person Mr.Exaros is. Our son has been part of this dojo for many years now and we have seen him grow in not only his physical abilities to perform certain karate techniques, but also his self confidence and mental strength has grown tremendously.Michelle Farzetta3/27/2021I studied here throughout my childhood. This is a place not only to learn self-defense, but to internalize the values that make someone a good martial artist and a better person, values like determination, courtesy, and accountability. Kids and adults can find great opportunities to train and improve themselves, whether it be in Karate, Jiu-Jitsu, or both programs.Anthony8/27/2020
Our headquarters location in Horsham, PA is a 3,000 sq. ft. facility with a modern mat system for training and a comfortable waiting area for parents. Our Rec Center training facilities also offer wide open space to train in with contemporary equipment.
Get in Touch
415 Sargon Way Unit F, Horsham, PA 19044
In addition to our headquarters location, we also offer programs at :
- Springfield Township Recreation Center
- Doylestown Recreation Center
Click here to learn more about our rec center programs.